For almost 40 years the Darn Tough family has been knitting socks in Northfield, Vermont. They know how to make socks. It’s what they do. They are dedicated to creating the world’s best socks, and prove it by standing behind them unconditionally.
From the AT to the Pacific Crest Trail, our "1466" Hiker raised the bar on what the ultimate hiking sock needs to deliver. Each year we hear from countless thru-hikers that this rugged sock is the only option that truly takes on the rigors of the trail. Discover the trail legend for yourself.
- Performance Fit: No slipping, no bunching, and no blisters.
- Fine Gauge Knitting: Unprecedented durability and our unique “put it on, forget it’s on” feel.
- Fast Action Wicking: Pulls moisture away from skin. Fast drying.
- All Weather Performance: Cool in the summer, warm in the winter.
- Naturally Antimicrobial: Repels bacteria and odor.
- Guaranteed For Life: No strings. No conditions. For life.
- Merino Wool: The ultimate fiber for breathability and comfort in all conditions.
- True Seamless™: Undetectable seam fusion for an ultra smooth, invisible feel.