87% Merino Wool, 13% Nylon
- Nylon Core = Strength and fast drying.
- Merino Wrap = Comfortable against skin and moisture wicking.
- The Merino Wrap pulls moisture off the body, transferring it to the Nylon Core.
- The Nylon Core then dries fast.
- The Merino Wrap is soft and flexes against the skin.
- The Nylon core provides robust strength to offset the fragile characteristic of wool.
Because of the fast drying and natural properties of our Merino Wool blend bacteria cannot build up thus helping minimize body odor.
Managing Core Temperature
Merino Wool is hair from Merino Sheep. These sheep are known for their ability to adapt to changing climates and environments. This is due to their genetic makeup. Their hair helps manage the animal’s core body temperature, keeping the animal safe from the elements they may be in. This property carries over from the hair, to the yarn, and ultimately to the garment the hair is made from.
Triple Aught Design’s Merino Wool is only sourced from Non Mulesed Merino Sheep. 'Mulesing is the removal of strips of wool-bearing skin from around the breech (buttocks) of a sheep to prevent the parasitic infection flystrike (myiasis).' - Wikipedia
This process is extremely painful to the animal, often leaving exposed, bloody, flesh, and can still cause infections. It is more expensive to source Non Mulesed Merino Wool, however it is also more ethical.
Merino/Nylon Blend Products
100% Merino Wool Products