Triple Aught Design is a San Francisco based apparel and equipment manufacturer. On their toughest missions and in their everyday adventures, our highly-engaged and dedicated community depends on our gear to help them prevail. With the Pacific to our west and the Sierras to our east, we have spectacular landscapes to inspire our designs and rugged wilderness areas in which to test and use our products.
We are currently seeking an energetic, collaborative, agile, and detail-oriented Associate Product Developer experienced in developing best-in-class technical apparel from concept through production. Utilizing your advanced technical knowledge of fit, materials, patterns, and construction, you will partner with others on our design and development teams to build innovative product lines and grow market share.
You will be responsible for ensuring products are commercialized accurately, adhering to TAD aesthetic, fit, quality and environmental standards resulting in on-time product development and production deliveries. This is an exciting and impactful opportunity to help grow a vertically integrated manufacturing and retail startup.
- Track the lifecycle of all apparel styles from concept to production ready states using PLM
- Measure all prototypes and keep track of size charts and updates in PLM
- Work with sample sewing team to produce in-house protos
- Assist during fittings by taking detailed notes and photos, and ensure all fit sessions are recorded accurately in PLM
- Manage prototype, sample, counter-sample, and production approvals in PLM to ensure TAD quality standards as well as on-time deliveries.
- Update all technical sketches as protos are updated and keep track in PLM
- Assist in managing BOMs from concept through production ready states.
- Input initial cost estimates for all prototypes and manage the costing process to ensure consistent, accurate cost sheets are received from all vendors and approvals are clearly communicated internally and externally.
- Ensure TOPs are requested and track TOP Calendar
- Ensure photo-accurate Sales and Marketing samples are provided on time.
- QC production of styles: ensure all construction is to spec and measurements are within tolerance
- Knowledge of apparel construction, material construction,bill of materials creation
- Knowledge of technical fabric/trims, construction, and production requirements a plus
- 1+ years experience in product development – proven problem-solving skills, interpreting design intent, and product innovation.
- Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions.
- Knowledge of garment fit and the ability to instruct a patternmaker on necessary changes to a pattern to influence the fit.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, presentation, and negotiation – ability to write comprehensive product specs and produce detailed technical drawings.
- Solid grasp of the design, development and merchandising process from concept through production.
- Excellent skills in creating construction specifications and technical sketches in Illustrator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel or Textile Design, Technology, Merchandising, or Engineering.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel domestically utilizing various transportation methods.
Triple Aught Design offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees working 30 hours/week or more. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance, Long term Disability Insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, Alternative Commuter Program, and others. Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or plain text format. email@example.com